Visit the Course Schedule for a detailed, week-by-week outline of course activities.
Lesson 11: Web Services and APIs
In this lesson we learn:
- How the web works!
- Making HTTP requests using Python requests
- Parsing json into lists of dictionaries
- General procedure for reading and calling API’s on the web.
- Class Resources
- Slides: Web Services and API’s
- Code Samples can be found in your GitHub repository content/Lessons/11.
- Diagnostic Quiz [Q11]
- Read / watch the resources before your take the quiz.
- The quiz can be found on Blackboard.
- It must be completed the day before lecture day.
- Coding Lab [L11]
- The lab is in your Git repository folder: content/lessons/11/Class-Coding-Lab
- Turn in your completed lab using the git submission procedure.
- Lab must be completed by the end of the day 11:59pm before your recitation day.
- Homework [H11] Now You Code 2
- The homework assignment can be found in your git repository folder content/lessons/11/Now-You-Code/NYC2
- Turn in your homework using the git submission procedure.
- Must be completed by end of the week: Saturday evening 11:59pm