Visit the Course Schedule for a detailed, week-by-week outline of course activities.
Lesson 04: Conditionals
In this lesson we learn:
- How to make our code execute in a non linear fashion through the use of conditionals.
- Relational and logical operators for making boolean expressions which form the basis of our decisions.
- Different types of non-linear execution like conditional excution, alternative execution, chaining, and nesting, and their appropriate uses.
- How to handle run-time errors with try..except.
- Class Resources
- Slides: Conditionals
- Code Samples can be found in your GitHub repository content/Lessons/04.
- Diagnostic Quiz [Q04]
- Read / watch the resources before your take the quiz.
- The quiz can be found on Blackboard.
- It must be completed the day before lecture day.
- Coding Lab [L04]
- The lab is in your Git repository folder: content/lessons/04/Class-Coding-Lab
- Turn in your completed lab using the git submission procedure.
- Lab must be completed by the end of the day 11:59pm before your recitation day.
- Homework [H04] Now You Code 2
- The homework assignment can be found in your git repository folder content/lessons/04/Now-You-Code/NYC2
- Turn in your homework using the git submission procedure.
- Must be completed by end of the week: Saturday evening 11:59pm