Setup Your SU Google Apps Account
All Syracuse University faculty, staff and students recieve a free Google Apps account. The account email address is email@example.com. For example my SU Google Apps account is firstname.lastname@example.org. Google makes it easy to be signed into its services such as Drive, Gmail and YouTube with more than one account and allows you to switch easily between then.
In this course we will use Google Forms as a means to take attendance and measure your class participation through answering questions. You will only be able to complete the google forms with your SU Google Apps account.
Before You Begin
- Make sure you know your NetID and Password. These will be required to login to SU Google Apps.
- From your laptop computer, using the browser you will use to answer questions in class, go to: http://g.syr.edu/.
- Click on the orange Get Started button.
- You will see the Google Sign in page.
- For your Email Address enter email@example.com for example if your NetID is tjfudge then your Google email is firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are already signed into Google, you must select Use Another Account from the menu before you can enter your email.
- When ready click Next
- You will be redirected to a Syracuse University login page. At this page, login with your Syracuse University NetID and Password.
- After you are authenticated, you will land on the google account home page. In the upper-right of the page you can see all of the Google accounts for which you are currently signed in. You can easily switch accounts my selecting another account from the drop down.